Healthy BBQ Chicken Pizza
Barbecue is one of America’s best cuisines! And we keep finding more things to make barbecued flavored!
If you love barbecue chicken and pizza, you’ve probably had a BBQ Chicken Pizza. Well, forget CPK, this Healthy BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe is way better for you.!
And, it's even healthy enough to eat everyday! Low fat and low carb, it makes a healthy lunch or a healthy dinner. Best of all, it's delicious so you'll want to make this barbecue chicken pizza recipe again and again!
Healthy BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
1 bag of grain pizza dough, cooked
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
3/4 cup tablespoons water
3 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
12 ounces cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
3/4 cup carrots, shredded
3/4 cup corn
3/4 cup red onions, sliced thin
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lay cooked dough on sprayed sheet pan.
3. Mix barbecue sauce and water together.
4. Toss chicken in sauce mixture and spread evenly on dough.
Scrape out bowl to get all of the sauce and cover entire dough.
5. Top chicken with mozzarella, again covering the entire dough.
6. Top cheese with corn, carrots, red onion, and cilantro.
7. Cook approximately 5 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
1. Whole Foods and Pillsbury make whole grain pizza doughs.
Make sure you use the correct portion size (do not exceed 190 calories).
1. You will need to cook your pizza dough before you start this recipe.
You can store the cooked dough in the refrigerator for 5 days or for at least a month in the freezer.
2. Pizza can be fully prepared days ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
3. It's also delicious cold!
If you love barbecue, try our Low Fat Pulled Pork Sandwich.