Chicken Parm Panini--Your New Favorite Sandwich!
In fact, even Chicken Parmigiana is more American-Italian than pure Italian, probably evolving from Eggplant Parmigiana which is a traditional dish from Parma, Italy in foodie capital of Emilia-Romagna.
Chicken Parmigiana can be a very labor-intensive meal, but this Chicken Parm panini can be made in a snap!
Below is the secret to making a grilled chicken parmesan sandwich aka a Chicken Parm Panini in a matter a minutes!
This is one of the best panini sandwich recipes because it tastes like Chicken Parmigiana, but there's no frying!
In fact, it's the easiest Chicken Parmesan sandwich recipe ever! You can make it even easier by using jarred Marinara Sauce, but my recipe for that is quite quick and easy too!
Chicken Parm Panini Recipe
2 tablespoons onions, chopped
2 tablespoons mushrooms, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 slices whole-grain bread
1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 1/2 ounces chicken breast, cooked, shredded
2 tablespoons marinara sauce
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1. In a frying pan, sauté onions, mushrooms, and garlic in cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on one piece of bread.
3. Toss chicken and marinara together. Spread evenly on cheese.
4. Top chicken with onions and mushrooms.
5. Sprinkle on remaining mozzarella, parmesan, and oregano.
6. Top with the second piece of bread.
7. Press the sandwich in a panini maker, or place it on pan and cook it a couple of minutes on each side until heated and cheese is melted.
Tips for Making Chicken Parm Panini
1. This is a great use for leftover chicken.
2. For a delicious Authentic Italian Marinara Sauce recipe that’s quick and easy, click here.
3. If you like cheesy sandwiches, try our Croque Monsieur or Croque Madame!
Meal Prep for Chicken Parm Panini
1. The chicken for this recipe needs to be precooked. Any method of cooking will do.
2. If you cook this panini ahead, make sure it is completely cooled before putting it in a storage container or it will get soggy.