Low Cal Lyonnaise Salad
The Lyonnaise Salad is hands down the best salad in France, unfortunately, it is also the highest in calories. If made according to tradition, a Lyonnaise Salad ranks close to the top as the most fattening salad in the world. This Low Cal Lyonnaise Salad recipe has all of the flavor of the traditional french salad recipe with a fraction of the calories.
Low Cal Lyonnaise Salad Recipe
Ingredients For Lyonnaise Salad
6 cups mixed greens
1/2 cup cucumber, half moons
2/3 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
3 large poached or hard boiled eggs
2 slice turkey bacon, chopped
4 ounces chicken breast, grilled
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2/3 cup fat free croutons
1/2 cup Dijon vinaigrette
1. Prep all ingredients before laying down mixed greens.
2. Put cucumber, tomatoes and onions on top of greens.
3. Cut egg in quarters and place in corners.
4. Chop turkey bacon and sprinkle on salad.
5. Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad.
6. Sprinkle parsley on chicken and croutons around chicken.
7. Pour dressing on chicken and salad.
For Dijon Vinaigrette
1 cup Dijon mustard
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Blend first 4 ingredients, then slowly drizzle in olive oil while blending.
Click it to Pin it!