Whole Grain Cinnamon French Toast
Did you know healthy French toast can be a complete balanced breakfast? Now isn’t that good news?
In fact, this Whole Grain Cinnamon French Toast recipe is a delicious healthy way to start your day!
And I have more good news!—This quick and easy French toast recipe is high in fiber and protein!
Did you just say “bring it on!”?
Whole Grain Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
1/2 cup egg whites
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon omega-3 spread, like Smart Balance
2 slices whole-grain bread
2 medium slices of Canadian bacon
1/3 whole banana, sliced thin
1/4 cup sugar-free syrup
1. Whisk egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together.
2. Melt omega-3 spread in a pan.
3. Dip bread in egg mixture and cook until golden brown on each side. See below.
4. Heat Canadian bacon in the pan and serve next to your French toast.
5. Top French toast with banana and syrup.
1. If dipping alone does not use up all of the egg, pour it on top of the bread once it is on your pan.
2. Substitute gluten-free bread if needed.
1. French toast will stay fresh for days in your refrigerator and even freezes well for the long term.
2. Do not prep the banana ahead of time.