Chicken Breast Lettuce Wraps
Forget PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps! Making Low Cal Chicken Lettuce Wraps at home is easy, and a lot less calories! Made with chicken breast and the secret ingredient most copy cat recipes leave out! The chicken filling for the lettuce wraps can be meal prepped ahead and this a family-friendly weeknight night meal. Who says healthy dinners have to be boring?
Chicken Breast Lettuce Wrap Recipe
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup water
10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, diced small
8 ounces tofu, extra firm, diced small
1/2 cup carrot, shredded
1/4 cup scallion
12 medium butter lettuce leaves
1. Mix hoisin sauce and water together and set aside.
2. Cook chicken breast in a frying pan on medium high.
3. When chicken is almost done, add tofu and brown lightly.
4. Pour hoisin mixture on top of the chicken and tofu, stirring until well coated. Then, top with carrots and scallions.
5. Spoon mixture into butter lettuce.
1. Although I think butter lettuce makes the best cups, romaine or iceberg lettuce can be substituted.
2. You can use stir fry sauce, peanut sauce, or even teriyaki in place of hoisin sauce.
1. The entire meal can be prepared ahead and stored in the refrigerator, just leave the butter lettuce on the side until you are ready to eat.
2. If you prefer to prep by cooking all ingredients separately, that will work here too. Cook your chicken and tofu first, then dice and toss it in the sauce.