Lebanese Bulgur Wheat, Tabouli, & Tabbouleh: 3 Ways to say YUM!
Weather you say Tabouli, Tabbouleh, or Lebanese Bulgur Wheat, it's a delicious, healthy side dish! If your looking for a make-ahead side dish that will please everyone, this Lebanese Bulgur Wheat recipe is for you! Tabouli Salad is served cold, and is perfect for summer parties, barbecues, and weeknight dinners. It is so versatile and easy to make, this will definitely be a winner!
3 cup cooked bulgur wheat
3 cup chickpeas, canned, drained
1 cup cucumber, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoon lemon juice
4 medium lemon wedge
1. In a bowl, add bulgur wheat, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, scallion, mint, parsley, and feta and toss.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk lemon juice and olive oil, pour over the bulgur mixture, and toss again.
3. Say, "Wasn't that easy!"
1. You can put this over chopped romaine lettuce or arugula to make a salad.
2. I prefer bulgur wheat here, but if you have celiac disease or are wheat sensitive, you can substitute quinoa.
1. Prep your bulgur wheat up to 5 days ahead and store it in the refrigerator.
2. Surprisingly, this tabbouleh will still taste delicious even after a few days in the fridge.